Todays church reading: Open our hearts, O Lord

Todays church reading: Open our hearts, O Lord




Twenty-fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Lectionary: 133









Reading 1 Is 55:6-9


Seek the LORD while he may be found,

call him while he is near.

Let the scoundrel forsake his way,

and the wicked his thoughts;

let him turn to the LORD for mercy;

to our God, who is generous in forgiving.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

nor are your ways my ways, says the LORD.

As high as the heavens are above the earth,

so high are my ways above your ways

and my thoughts above your thoughts.






Reading 2 Phil 1:20c-24, 27a


Brothers and sisters:

Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.

For to me life is Christ, and death is gain.

If I go on living in the flesh,

that means fruitful labor for me.

And I do not know which I shall choose.

I am caught between the two.

I long to depart this life and be with Christ,

for that is far better.

Yet that I remain in the flesh

is more necessary for your benefit.


Only, conduct yourselves in a way worthy of the gospel of Christ.


Alleluia


Comments