Todays church reading; You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church

Todays church reading; You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church


Reading 1IS 22:19-23


Thus says the LORD to Shebna, master of the palace:

“I will thrust you from your office

and pull you down from your station.

On that day I will summon my servant

Eliakim, son of Hilkiah;

I will clothe him with your robe,

and gird him with your sash,

and give over to him your authority.

He shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem,

and to the house of Judah.

I will place the key of the House of David on Eliakim’s shoulder;

when he opens, no one shall shut

when he shuts, no one shall open.

I will fix him like a peg in a sure spot,

to be a place of honor for his family.”


Reading 2ROM 11:33-36


Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God!

How inscrutable are his judgments and how unsearchable his ways!
For who has known the mind of the Lord

or who has been his counselor?

Or who has given the Lord anything

that he may be repaid?


For from him and through him and for him are all things.

To him be glory forever. Amen.


 

Comments