Kyadondo mess: Stampede as reports of NRM rigging spreads

Kyadondo mess: Stampede as reports of NRM rigging spreads


  • Candidate Muwada  arrested 

  • 3 Arrested at Kasangati resort

  • NRM allegedly pre-ticking ballots at the hotel.

  • Rain partially interrupts voting 

  • Police squeeze supporters testicles 

  • Military police deployed

By Spear Team


Chaos   manifests in Kyadondo East by-elections as supporter accuse each other of ballot stuffing and bribery.


Some candidates and supporters have been arrested and whisked away by police.


Independent candidate Muwada Nkuyingi has been arrested by police for forcing his way to vote at a polling station where his name was missing on the register.


In an interview while still in the cue Muwada noted that he was expecting a win  with about  85%  margin, but  was later advised to go vote from where his name had been transferred to which he protested and later arrested .


Muwada noted that it was unfair because he voted from that exact polling station  in the past elections asking  why they had transferred him to another polling station.


Meanwhile independent candidate Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu aka Bobi Wine and NRM’s Sitenda Ssebalu have already cast their votes and both are expectant of victory.


After voting Bobi Wine told reporters that, “I have finished casting my vote and of course I voted myself; I want to urge all people to come and vote. I  urge people to remain at polling stations and guard our vote but most importantly, let’s stay peaceful”


Bobi Wine advised his supporters to stay around and safeguard their victory but minutes later police dispersed them  and many ended up in police cells.


On his part Sitenda Ssebalu noted that, “I don’t have any excitement. I know things will be in my favor. I’m going to win. I’m going home so that people don’t say I’m doing other things. Let’s wait for 5PM. I will call Bobi Wine to sing for me”.


According to the electoral commission FDC flag bearer Apollo Kantinti was only a spectator since heis not a registered voter  in this constituency. He registered from Mukono instead and never bothered  to  make transfers .


According to commission laws a registered  voter can  stand in any constituency of their choice..


Kampala Metropolitan police spokesman Emilian Kayima observed that security was still good  save  for a few areas.He advised supporters  to keepcalm.


 

Comments