Bobi declares himself winner, calls Babe Cool mad, bashes senior politicians

Bobi declares himself winner, calls Babe Cool mad, bashes senior politicians


As the race for Kyadondo East Constituency reaches its climax, The SpearNews has held an exclusive interview with contestant Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu aka Bobi Wine. He highlighted challenges facing Ugandans in this multiparty dispersion and why he couldn’t wait to join the race. In an axclusive interview with the SpearNews,Kyagulanyi has five days to the polling day declared himself a winner of the 29th June election. He also told us why he declined to take the DP ticket which had been offered to him by Mao: 


Spear News:  What made you join politics?


Bobi Wine: I did not join politics and am not a politician I am a leader and I have come to offer leadership to the people of Kyadondo East. I don’t want to use the word politics because it has been soiled by the current politicians. I bring with me active, aggressive and uncompromising representation.


Currently it’s about the government side and opposition, but Uganda has people but their issues are never discussed in parliament, what they discuss is totally different from what is on the ground yet the people are the majority.


Spear News:  Music Personalities the likes of Kato Lubwama and Judith Babirye, are so far   a disappointment, how do you differ?


Bobi Wine: I am an artist, am a businessman, I am a proprietor and a farmer.  Music is just 10% of me just like business, why identify me as a musician and not a lawyer, a proprietor of One Love Beach.  I am a Uganda who has a talent and who works for the betterment of this country, this should not be a deficit but a bonus to my qualities.


I go to parliament not as an artist, but as a Ugandan who si concerned about my country and would wants change in the governance and well being of my people.


Spear News: Do you ferry youths from Kamwokya and suburbs and deface posters of opponents?


Bobi wine:  The FDC camp is in panic, when someone is in panic is bound to make outrageous comments, I enjoy support across all political parties and by the way at times I set off when I am with just my wife or alone, but we end up attracting numbers and in the end we are forced to hold rallies for the last 25 days.


I really respect FDC and I wish to keep that respect because we believe in the same struggle, but its embarrassing to see that they are resorting to lies, what they are doing is immature, I know they would love to address more people just like I do, we have been partners and friends because we believe in the same struggle that is why they have always invited me and he have fundraised for the party across the country.


Spear News:  We saw you in talks with Nambooze, Besigye and Mao, why are they not supporting you?


Bobi Wine: President Mao invited me to his house and he requested me to pick the DP ticket, to which I declined because am not represent a party but the people of Kyadondo East, they belong to no party their values cut across. Dr. Kizza Besigye is my personal friend he invited me and he did not ask me to withdrawal my candidature for anybody. He explained that he supports me but he cannot openly do that because his party has a candidate in the race, and I understood. He was even on TV explaining that my victory would mean that they are in business.


Besigye is governed by the party constitution and in politics, the constitution is law but at times the law is unfair, Dr. Martin Luther  King Junior once said that when the law is unjust it is not only just to fight but it becomes our duty to disobey it.


It’s Dr. Besigye that taught me defiance; he always says it that in the struggle to liberate Uganda it’s not about the political parties. Our problems are neither blue nor yellow nor green, that is what I represent, unification of Ugandans not the Unification of Ugandan politicians, we must stop  pampering political party ideas we need to come together as Ugandans to liberate ourselves.


Spear News:   Bebe Cool says you are joining politics after failing in music, what’s your take?


Bobi Wine: Must I really comment on Bebe cool’s madness.


Spear News:  Are u a spoiler in this race?


Bobi Wine: That is the problem with our politicians, they think they have ring-fenced the leadership of this country, they think it’s a must for every Uganda to stand on a party ticket, this is wrong every Ugandan has a right to stand, most of the current politicians don’t share the same plight with us, their kids attend classy schools and they go to better hospitals for treatment.


Dr. Ben Carson said it that we have been mentored to think that politicians are the solutions to our problems, but one day we will wake up one day  to realize that they are  source of our troubles, I don’t want to be answerable to politicians but to the people of Kyadondo.


Spear News:  Could you not wait for 2021?


Bobi Wine: This is idle talk, I am 35 years old and I believe some members are young than me by ten years, if I came yesterday they would still say that its too early, if I came the next day after today the same people would say that its too late, that why am saying this is the rightful time, “eno ye ssaawa” let the people of Kyadondo decide.


Spear News:  Your former Vice president in Fire Base crew is canvassing for Kantinti, what’s your take?


Bobi Wine: What should I say about Butcherman, my life journey has been about meeting people from thieves to professors unless you want me to force me to comment on all the friends I have had in life, some we met in jail, some hail me some don’t, others are bigger and others static.


My opponents digging out my childhood friends that turned into enemies just makes me wonder if that’s all they would promise, show to voters in regards to that they would do for them, it’s a indicator of fear and panic.


Spear News:  If you don’t win, what next?


Bobi Wine: We have already won, I came into the music industry not because of money or fame but because there was something that I would add to the industry and here we succeeded. Also in this race I came to inspire the youth and Ugandans who are struggling to the top that all is possible, we have already succeeded, we have managed to ignite the fire in the masses, we have made them realize that they hold the true power not political parties. Winning this election will only be an addition.

Comments